What to do come Alpha 17?

Do you have what it takes to stay alive? Discuss it here!
This forum is for the NDC 7DTD server.

Navezgane or random gen?

Navezgane
No votes
Random gen
100%

Total votes: 2

kyppo
Esteemed Leader

What to do come Alpha 17?

Post by kyppo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:32 pm

Hey guys,

Alpha 17 for 7 Days to Die is expected to drop here in the last half of October, and that means that the current map iteration will be incompatible.

So here's the question: should Outlive the Undead continue in the Navezgane map (default), or should we go for a random gen map?

Personally I lean towards a random gen, to make the map unpredictable and also make it impossible for players to know exactly where to go from the start.

Let me know what you think and why!
- Because I can.

kyppo
Esteemed Leader

Re: What to do come Alpha 17?

Post by kyppo » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 am

Update on Alpha 17

Rumor has it that Alpha 17 has been pre-released to well-known streamers/YouTubers yesterday (Friday), and the rest of us should be getting it within days - that is Monday, if everything goes according to plan, which of course we hope!

According to the above votes, though few in number, the vote is unanimous: we're headed into random gen!

The random gen seed is going to be: NoDramaCrew. Not that it matters to anyone, I reckon, but there it is. As soon as our Steam clients start updating 7DTD, I will make sure the server is updated too.

Will post again here once we're running Alpha 17!
- Because I can.

kyppo
Esteemed Leader

Post by kyppo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:41 pm

Latest news:

I have spent more than a day trying to upgrade our server to Alpha 17 and a Random Gen map, but with no luck. Hosting support has failed me too. Therefore I have chosen to cancel the current hosting subscription and sign up at a new place.

I am currently working on getting the new server setup and will post here once it's ready.
- Because I can.

kyppo
Esteemed Leader

Post by kyppo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:07 am

Right on! Server is online!

Had to switch to a new host to get a functioning server, though, but now it's working like a charm! Only change for you, dear player, is the server port, which has changed from port 25000 to port 25010. Hostname is the same!

Also, it has been upgraded to a 10 player server, and it should be running on more powerful hardware too! Other than that, not real change. Well, as announced, it's now a Random World Gen (previously known as Random Gen).

Come join us! \o/
- Because I can.